Update on Geographical Indications in the European Union
This conference aims at keeping legal practitioners up-to-date on geographical indications by providing an overview of the latest legislative initiatives and case law in this field.
Latest legal and policy developments at international and EU levels
- Update on WIPO activities
- EU trade policy on geographical indications
- The modifications brought by Regulation 1151/2012 on quality schemes for agricultural products and foodstuffs
- Opposing third parties’ applications for geographical indications
Trade marks and geographical indications
- Implications of the reform of the trade mark system for geographical indications
- Dealing with geographical indications as grounds for refusal of a trade mark
- The registration of geographical indications as collective and certification marks
Scope of protection and enforcement of rights
- Protection against misuse of protected geographical names
- Extending the scope of protection to non-agriculture products
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, in-house counsel, civil servants and other practitioners of law dealing with geographical indications, trade marks and industrial property.
No result found.