EFIB: The European Forum for Industrial Biotechnology & The Biobased Economy 2012
Now in its fifth year and following recordattendance in 2011, this year's European Forum for Industrial Biotechnology and BioBased Economy takes place on 16-18 October in Dusseldorf, Germany and promises to build upon our enviable reputation as Europe's leading event for this fast evolving sector.
Gathering together the foremost representatives of Europe's industrial biotechnology community, EFIB 2012 will bring you an unrivalled calibre of speakers from across policy and business, the most comprehensive exhibition and the networking and business exchange opportunities that one should expect from the sector's market leading event.
There are lots of reasons to participate at EFIB 2012:
1. Unrivalled networking opportunities: EFIB has become the place to seek new partners and do business with established leaders and creative start ups alike Only at EFIB 2012 will you be able to learn and network side by side with industrial biotech visionaries, expert speakers and early adopters of biobased technologies. With 380 delegates attending last year's event, this is the largest and most important gathering for the industrial biotechnology sector and this is the place to be if you want to stay ahead of the curve.
2. Exclusive insight from policy makers: Commissioner Maire Geoghegan Quinn will address the industry at our grand evening reception. Hear about the future of the bioeconomy in Europe first- hand from our guest of honour
3. Prestigious plenary sessions from industry leaders: Two keynote plenary sessions and six targeted programme tracks to help you choose the most relevant session for your business needs. This year's spotlight on joint ventures will enable you to discover how some of the most exciting strategic joint ventures of the last year came about and how they will shape the future of the industry.
4. 1-to-1 Partnering: Optimise your time on-site with EFIB's online partnering tool to schedule meetings and win new business. Last year over 500 meetings took place at EFIB forging the foundations for many new strategic partnerships. NEW for 2012 - the EFIB app, more details coming soon.
5. CEO debate: We've gathered the leaders of some of the most pioneering companies in the industrial biotechnology arena to share their experiences and answer your most pressing questions. Find out their strategies, revenue models and how they are approaching upcoming trends in the field.
6. Pre conference workshops: Find out about the incredible opportunities that exist within "Marine Biotechnology" and the "Wood Based Bioeconomy" in two sessions devoted to these exciting growth areas.
7. International policy case studies: Benchmark strategies for implementing the biobased economy from around the world with case studies from Europe but also updates from around the Globe - including updates from Malaysia and Russia.
8. Finance and funding: Gain in depth insight from banks, venture capitalists and corporate finance on how to fund future strategy and get new ventures off the ground. Examine current market conditions, future forecasts and predictions from leading financiers.
9. Get the latest and most important innovations and breakthroughs: Our advisory board have hand picked the most important innovations from across this vibrant sector with a range of small and large companies providing updates on the very latest developments.
10. The largest dedicated exhibition for the european biobased economy gives you an excellent opportunity to make new contacts and assess new trends.