Antama Foundation Bulletin No 11, January/March 2013
The information bulletin "Biotechnology: agriculture and food" by Antama Foundation based in Spain addresses the latest agricultural and food-farming news every three months; each number talks about the latest news related to transgenic crops at the national and international level. Some of the most important news pieces on this number are as follows:
- The global area of biotech crops exceeded 170 million hectares in 2012.
- Eleven activists sentenced to pay 25,000 Euros for destroying an experimental field of GM potato.
- Environmentalist apologizes for leading anti-GM campaign in the UK.
- British egg producers would save more than 115 Euros per tonne if retailers allowed them to use GM feed.
- Gonzaga Ruiz de Gauna: "Future generations will wonder how it was that we reject GMOs".
- Óscar Sánchez Lorenzo: "Not producing GMOs but having to import them is very expensive for the EU".
- 'Science in Tablets', the book that opens the doors of genetics.