Antama Foundation Bulletin NO 13, July 2013
The information bulletin "Biotechnology: agriculture and food" by Antama Foundation based in Spain addresses the latest agricultural and food-farming news every three months; each number talks about the latest news related to transgenic crops at the national and international level. Some of the most important news pieces on this number are as follows:
- Biotech crops in Spain, successful experience - 15 years of Bt Maize in Spain.
- Half a century of undue delays in the EU approval of GM products
- Study shows that European agriculture has no future if it refuses to GMOs
- Ten key facts of agricultural biotechnology in 2012
- The British Minister of Environment says that biotech crops are safer than conventional
- Biotech crops achieved a global economic benefit of 15,400 million€ in 2011
- Francisco Javier Fernandez, Spanish farmer: "The demagoguery of environmentalists is harming millions of European farmers"