CIC2020 - CLIB International Conference
Since 2009, the CLIB International Conference is the meeting place for the industrial biotechnology community. Being the first bioeconomy symposium of the year, it brings together international experts from all over the world in Düsseldorf, Germany.
The first day of the conference will take up the two megatrends of digitisation and accessing alternative protein sources through biotechnology to nourish the fast-growing world population. Furthermore, an interdisciplinary panel discussion will cover the topic public perception of bioeconomy, asking the question if we are still fighting a battle already lost.
The second conference day will address three areas with high relevance to the bioeconomy: future bioeconomy education programmes and their requirements, the biotechnological utilization of CO2, as well as the application of aromatics from lignin especially in the growing adhesives market.
The two-day programme in a nutshell:
- Digitalisation: From the phone jack to the virtual lab?
- Feeding the 9 bn: Realising new protein sources
- Public perception of bioeconomy: A battle lost?
- CO2 utilisation: The complex world of a simple molecule
- Crossing borders: Shaping future education
- Aromatics: Rings that glue the world together