Future Insight Virtual Event 2020
The Future Insight™ Virtual Event celebrates outstanding achievements in science & technology and brings together people from all over the world, united to solve the challenges of today and to enable the dreams of a better tomorrow.
It will feature three key global initiatives to support further advancement in science & technology :
- The awarding of the 2020 Future InsightTM Prize in the field of Multi Drug Resistant Bacteria. The prize with up to 1 million Euros was established at the occasion of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany’s 350th anniversary and is given out annually for 35 years, for groundbreaking science.
- The laudatory speech to announce the winner of the 2020 Future InsightTM Prize will be given by Jens Spahn, Federal Minister of Health, Germany.
- Pardis Sabeti from the Broad Institute and James E. Crowe, Jr. from the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, whose organizations received the 2019 Future InsightTM Prize in the field of Pandemic Preparedness, presenting their research achievements in the area of new therapeutics and diagnostics to fight Covid-19.
- The finalist pitch presentations and the awarding of the Spinoff Prize, a Nature Research Award presented in partnership with Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. The Spinoff Prize aims to encourage and give visibility to academic entrepreneurs and their spinoff companies. In 2020, the Spinoff Prize will focus on companies with research in the categories: pharmaceuticals, agriculture, chemicals and digital technologies.
- The awarding of the Johann Anton Merck Award. This is the first installment of a new annual prize given out for prestigious achievements and outstanding research accomplishments in oncology.