Director of Healthcare Public Affairs
Biotechnology is at the forefront of transformative, cutting-edge and research-intensive scientific advancement. Enabling wide-scale societal change, biotechnology underpins technology to address unmet medical needs and provide sustainable, resource-efficient, climate-friendly products and processes.
EuropaBio, the voice of Europe’s dynamic biotechnology industry, is currently seeking a motivated Director of Healthcare Public Affairs to join the Healthcare Biotechnology Team for an indefinite period.
EuropaBio offers the opportunity for an ambitious public affairs professional to develop their expertise in a director-level association role for a critical phase in healthcare legislation for Europe. The successful candidate will lead healthcare public affairs within EuropaBio, delivering high profile activities and advocacy within an association that represents biotechnology across sectors and with the voice of actors from across the landscape.
The successful candidate will integrate closely into wider EuropaBio activities on a European and global level, with stakeholders and partners across the policy, healthcare and patient spectrum.
EuropaBio offers a diverse portfolio of advocacy tools to support activities, including an SME Platform, Patient BioForum and National Associations Council Summit and is also part of the Industrial Forum and Innovative Health Initiative.
Through the Healthcare Council, the candidate will set goals to help achieve members’ strategic objectives and monitor progress towards them
- Work closely with the EuropaBio healthcare team and directly with association members to deliver a comprehensive public affairs campaign linked to member priorities, particularly linked to pharmaceutical and associated legislations
- Together with the team and members, analyse legislative proposals and develop positions, responses and constructive pathways to achieve member outcomes
- Represent EuropaBio activities into the Board and Healthcare Council, building a direct partnership with association leadership and Board Members
- Use strengths across the biotechnology landscape, including small companies, patients and national priorities to build a compelling advocacy narrative for Europe
- Build relationships across institutions and extend the reach of EuropaBio messaging using a variety of mechanisms, including direct interactions, social media narratives and working with KoL within the EuropaBio Board
- Represent EuropaBio in external activities across institutions and develop further networks and relationships linked to Council priorities
- Must have full permission to work in Belgium;
- 4-7 years experience within EU public affairs, including minimum of 3-4 years working with industry (directly or indirectly) with an understanding of commercial drivers behind public affairs
- Demonstrated skills in public affairs, advocacy and communication within European healthcare and pharmaceutical landscape
- Proven track record of experience of working with policymakers and stakeholders in Brussels, with comprehensive institutional knowledge
- Ideally able to begin early in 2023
Our commitment to you
- An engaging position, in a Healthcare team of 4 people, within a growing EuropaBio team of 12+ people
- Opportunity to develop your career within an ambitious and diverse cross-sectoral association
- Exposure to a fast growing industry at the centre of Europe’s digital and green transformation, and a key enabling technology for future medical and environmental innovation;
- Motivated colleagues and expert membership at the top of their field who readily impart knowledge and who work across teams;
- A comfortable central Brussels office space (combines closed and open plan) with an excellent view and an abundant supply of coffee and the occasional cake;
- Structured teleworking, combining home and office-based working;
- Generous benefits (see below)
Terms and conditions
An open-ended contract (CDI), 40 hours/week
In addition to 20 legal holidays, 12 RTT days and end-of-year closing
Hospital, travel and group insurance
Public transport costs
Possibility to telework 2 days/week
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and a cover letter to Majken Ekam-Nielsen, People, Culture & Finance Director firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Director Healthcare Policy” by January 16th 2023.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No Europass CVs please.