CEFIC Specialty Chemicals sector groups EFCG, Biochem Europe and EFG, together with SICOS, the French industry association for Fine Chemicals and Biotech, will jointly hold their first in-person Industrial Biotechnologies Day on July 4th, 2023 in Brussels.
Specialists from the industry, EU policy makers, and civil society will come together across four panels to dive into topics such as:
- European policies shaping the biotech landscape – what is needed to unleash its full potential?
- European regulatory frameworks – an obstacle to innovation?
- Feedstocks and industrial capacities – what is the role of energy costs?
- New technologies and future breakthroughs – what to expect and what’s at stake?
- Hans Ingels, European Commission – Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- Ludo Diels, Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO)
- Vincent Touraille, Sicos
- Karel De Winter, Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant
- Marcello Buson, Olon SpA
- Frédéric Van Gansberghe, Futerro
- Claire Skentelberry, Europabio
- Christian Le Roux, Group M21
- Harald Ruissenaars, Corbion
- Eric Bierny, Galactic
- Nicolas Martin, Metex
- Thomas Canova, Solvay
- Julien Honoré, Roquette
- Juliette Martin, Seqens
- Gwenaël Servant, Abolis